Accurate Nuclear Data for nuclear Energy Sustainability
Near events and recent news:
1) First Semester meeting for the ANDES Nuclear Data Project of the FP7 - Paris, November 19, 2010
2) Kick-off meeting for the ANDES Nuclear Data Project of the FP7 - Madrid, 17-18th June, 2010
3) EVO recordings of the ANDES Kick-off meeting are available and can be replayed.
4) First Trimester meeting for the ANDES Nuclear Data Project of the FP7 - Teleconference, September 3rd, 2010
ANDES is a project (FP7 - 249671) of the EURATOM FP7 in the area of Nuclear Fission and Radiation Protection and workprogram WP2009. The project has started on May 1st, 2010 and it will be 36months long.
This project is run by a collaboration of 20 Partners.
The ANDES project will include new nuclear data measurements, dedicated benchmarks, based on integral experiments, and improved evaluation and modeling specifically oriented to obtain high precision nuclear data for the major actinides present in advanced reactor fuels, to reduce uncertainties in new isotopes in closed cycles with waste minimisation and to better assess the uncertainties and correlations in their evaluation. According to the recent publications of the European Technological Platform for a Sustainable Nuclear Energy (SNETP) (Vision report and Strategic Research Agenda) the sustainability require the combination of the present LWR, future Advanced Fast reactors and the waste minimization in closed cycles with Partitioning and Transmutation. To implement these new nuclear systems and their fuel cycles it is necessary to improve the accuracy, uncertainties and validation of related nuclear data and models, required for those systems but also for the experimental and demonstration facilities involved in the their validation.
- Background and general information for ANDES
- End-Users area (restricted access)
- Interesting events related to ANDES
E. González Romero